Telecom Argentina increases Flow Boxes distribution and strengthens Flow’s catalog during Q2 2020

In its Q2 2020 quarterly results report presentation, Argentine pay TV operator Cablevision (Telecom) reported that it ended June with a total of 1,078 million Flow STBs (which the company calls ‘Flow Boxes’), distributed to its clients. The figure shows 61 thousand Flow Boxes more than the 1,017 distributed at the end of Q1 2020, and an increase of 354 thousand STBs compared to the 724 thousand that the company had distributed at the end of Q2 2019.

The report also highlighted that Telecom Argentina’s number of cable TV customers was 3.5 million at the end of Q2 2020. Likewise, the company ended the sixth month of 2020 with a monthly cable TV ARPU valued at AR $ 1,255 , 3 (USD 17), and the monthly churn average for the period was 1.0%, being 1.3% in 1H 2019.

During Q2 2020, Telecom continued to promote and add new content on the Flow platform. As an example, in May, the series ‘Los Internacionales’, a co-production between Viacom International Studios (VIS); Olympusat, Mediapro and Flow was released; and a new partnership agreement with Atrescine, already available on Flow’s channel 328, was also announced to include productions made in Spain on the platform.

Although Telecom did not include it as part of its quarterly results report, days ago the company reported figures regarding Flow’s content consumption during the quarantine period, between March 20th and July 1st. In the already mentioned report, the company highlighted that, during the period, the amount of content watched on the platform amounted to 126 million. In addition, five million connected devices were recorded, 15% through the app, and the remaining 85% through the Flow Box. The most used devices to access Flow during the period were smart TVs, where an increase of 207% took place, while the use of the web grew by 13%. In total, Flow reported that its subscribers spent an average of 9.28 hours each watching the available content.

In addition, between March 20th and July 1st, Flow added channels and content that, apart from Atrescine, include “Manijomio” -exclusive channel, especially created for teenagers, with content made by influencers -;  ‘Posibl’, -with social impact series and documentaries; ‘Cine Nacional / Estrenos de Cine.Ar’, which is part of a strategy to promote content made in Argentina; documentaries from the BBC and ESPN; and ‘La Plaza de los Chicos’, with theater content for children. In addition to films, series and educational content, Flow also highlighted the growth in views it got in the Flow Music XP channel (Flow’s channel 605), and a 30% growth in gaming and esports content views.

| |