Sports and live content were the most accessed content on DirecTV GO in 2019

DirecTVGO released the most watched content in the region during 2019. The ranking includes the most accessed ones in the main categories, also including DirecTV Sports and OnDirecTV. At the regional level, 88% of DirecTV GO consumption belongs to live events, and the remaining 12% to on demand content.

45% of the audience chose to watch sports content on the platform, followed by FTA TV content and series and movies that, among the three, represent 80% of the content consumed. This way, the platform reported that the most watched series, films and documentaries at the regional level last year were Game of Thrones,The Handmaid’s Tale, Chernobyl, The Good Doctor, Diego Maradona, and other available content.

In Argentina, the Final between River Plate and Flamengo for the definition of the Copa Libertadores 2019 was the most watched sporting event, followed by the two matches played by Boca Juniors and River Plate for the semifinals of the same competition, the match between Argentina and France for the China 2019 FIBA ​​Basketball World Cup, and the friendly match between Brazil and Argentina for the FIFA date. In the general categories of series, documentaries and films, DirecTV GO subscribers opted for Game of Thrones, The Tale of the Maid and Chernobyl who were among the most watched series, while in the ‘documentary’ category, ‘Diego Maradona’ , the film by Asif Kapadia broadcast exclusively on OnDirecTV was the most watched, followed by Bios: Vidas que marcaron la tuya and Alaska: La Ultima Frontera. Finally, in the ‘movies’ category, the most chosen were Bohemian Rhapsody, Coco and Avengers: Infinity War.

In relation to the most watched content on DirecTV Sports, the match between Argentina and France for the semifinals of the China 2019 FIBA ​​Basketball World Cup, followed by matches between Argentina and Spain and Argentina against Sweden, for the same competition; the Final of the Copa Conmebol Sudamericana and the match between Argentina and Venezuela, for the Copa America Brazil 2019.

Finally, the most watched documentary on OnDirecTV was ‘Diego Maradona’, followed by  OnCinema and the original DirecTV series ‘Todo por el juego’.