Fox confirms interest in acquiring stake in Chile’s CDF

Through a letter signed by the Executive VP and COO, Edgar Spielmann, Fox Networks Group (FNG) Latin America confirmed its interest in acquiring stake in Chile’s Canal del Futbol (CDF) channel.

 

“Fox Networks Group has a duty to report that our interest in Chilean soccer continues”, said the group in the letter sent to National Professional Football Association of Chile (ANFP), current owner of the channel (80%). The other 20% -in which Fox is interested- belongs to Jorge Claro.

 

However, the company said it will not make any offer until ANFP, through the committee responsible, formally communicate the opening of a bidding process and give a reasonable time to study the operation and inform to regulatory bodies.

 

In 2015, Fox had submitted a non-binding preferential offer, which was withdrawn because “there were no conditions to continue the negotiation process.” However, in March this year the company renewed its interest in the canal, and now confirms its decision.

 

CDF has the TV rights for the Chilean soccer tournament and has a Pay-TV channel in the basic grid, a premium channel and a pay OTT called CDF Stadium.