Flow records 126 million viewed content and 5 million connected devices during the pandemic period

Cablevision Flow, Telecom Argentina’s OTT, reported its content consumption performance during the quarantine period, between March 20th and July 1st. During the period, the amount of content viewed on the platform amounted to 126 million titles, 35% more compared to the first three months of the year, that is, the period of the year  before the quarantine.

In addition, five million connected devices were reported, 15% through the app, and the remaining 85% through the Flow Box. The most used devices to access Flow during the period were smart TVs, where an increase of 207% was recorded, while the use of the web grew by 13%. In total, Flow reported that its subscribers consumed an average of 9.28 hours each viewing the available content.

Through Flow, it is possible to access more than 13 thousand hours of on demand content, including brand-new films and more than 300 series, including co-productions and releases of Argentine films and films from other countries, as a result of agreements with production companies such as BBC, Atresmedia, Sony, Disney, HBO and Fox. In addition, more than 100 HD channels are available. The top 10 most viewed content on Flow during the quarantine is led by the series ‘This is us’, followed by ‘Homeland’, ‘Game of Thrones’, ‘Educando a Nina’, ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Outlander’ , ‘Paw Patrol’, ‘La otra mirada’; ‘The walking dead’ and ‘Los Internacionales’.

Between March 20 and July 1st, Flow added channels and content that include ‘Manijomio’ -an exclusive channel, especially created for teenagers, with content made by influencers-; ‘Atrescine’ -with cinema content from Spain-; ‘Posibl’, -with series and documentaries of social impact-; ‘Cine Nacional / Estrenos de CineAr’, which is part of the strategy of promoting content made in Argentina; documentaries from BBC and ESPN, and ‘La Plaza de los Chicos’, with theater content for children. In addition to cinema, series and educational content, Flow also highlighted the growth in views it got on the Flow Music XP channel (Flow channel 605), and a 30% growth in views on gaming and esports content.

Flow allows to pause live programming, restart a show that is currently  being broadcast, record in the cloud or watch content already broadcast. In addition, Flow allows direct access to Netflix and YouTube, and it is expected to integrate Amazon Prime Video too.