CNN to be launched in Brazil on March 15th

Through a post on its official social networks, and one year after announcing its arrival at the country, CNN Brazil confirmed that its official launch date will take place on March 15th, both on TV and digital platforms. Although at first it was announced March 9th as the official one for the channel’s official launch, finally that day an special launching event will be held.

The launch date of the channel in Brazil was announced days after the news TV network has ran agreements with pay TV operators Claro / Net, Sky and Oi, which will have it available on their grids. In the next few days, CNN Brazil will report the numbers of the channels in which it will be available on each mentioned operator. In addition, before its premiere, a launch event will be held in the Oca space, in Ibirapuera Park, San Pablo.

CNN Brazil was licensed by businessman Rubens Menin, owner of MRV Engenharia, the largest builder and real estate developer in Brazil, based in Belo Horizonte. In 2018, he was awarded the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year award, which recognizes and rewards successful entrepreneurs, both in the business and social world. Menin was the first South American businessman to receive this recognition. The entrepreneur owns 65% of the Novus Media share package, which has the exploitation and representation rights of the CNN brand in Brazil. The remaining 35% belongs to Douglas Tavolaro, CEO at CNN Brazil and former Journalist Director at Record TV. The main CNN Brazil headquarter will be held in San Pablo, and it will also have facilities in Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia.