CNN deals with Claro for its distribution in Brazil

Before its official launch in Brazil, CNN ran an agreement with Claro in that country to distribute its contents through the operator. Through this partnership, Claro customers in Brazil will be able to access CNN programming through the operator’s Basic HD package, and on the Now platform, with live and on demand programming.

Although its official launching date is not confirmed yet, Folha de São Paulo reported that there is a possibility for it to take place in December, but CNN’s debut in Brazil is more likely to be in 2020.

CNN Brazil was licensed by businessman Rubens Menin, owner of MRV Engenharia, the largest builder and real estate developer in Brazil, based in Belo Horizonte. In 2018, Menin was awarded with the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year award, which recognises successful entrepreneurs, both in business and social work. Menin was the first businessman in South America in receiving this recognition. He owns 65% of the Novus Media share package, which has CNN brand representation rights in Brazil under its responsibility. The remaining 35% belongs to Douglas Tavolaro, CEO at CNN Brazil and former Journalist Director at Record TV.