CNN Brazil to launch on March 9th officially

A year after announcing its arrival at Brazil, CNN confirmed that the date of its official launch will be next March 9th. The  news channel official presentation will take place that day at an event to be held in San Pablo. In addition, although it has not been confirmed yet, local media in Brazil are reporting that the TV network will be on air that same day, or the following one. The distribution of the channel in Brazil will be in charge of Claro and Sky.

During 2019, CNN hired several journalists, mostly from other channels such as BBC, RecordTV, TV Globo, SBT and TV Cultura. It also agreed that audience measurement will be relieved by Kantar Ibope Media.

CNN Brazil was licensed by businessman Rubens Menin, owner of MRV Engenharia, the largest builder and real estate developer in Brazil, based in Belo Horizonte. In 2018, he was recognized with the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year award, which recognizes and awards successful entrepreneurs, both in the business and social world. Menin was the first South American businessman to receive this recognition. The entrepreneur owns 65% of the Novus Media share package, which has the representation rights of the CNN brand in Brazil. The remaining 35% belongs to Douglas Tavolaro, CEO at CNN Brazil and former Journalist Director at Record TV. The main headquarters of the channel will be in San Pablo, and it will also have facilities in Rio de Janeiro and Brasilia.