Tag Archives: Cabletica

Amazon Prime Video’s catalog joins Tigo in Costa Rica

The company Millicom -branded as Tigo in Latin America-, announced that it will include Amazon Prime Videos series, films and documentaries catalog in Costa Rican  content offering. As detailed by the company, customers will be able to have Prime Videos content for free during the first three months. After that period, they will have a [...]

Liberty completes acquisition of Cabletica

Liberty Latin America announced that it has completed the acquisition of an 80% stake in Cabletica, a leading Costa Rican cable operator. The company was acquired for an enterprise value of CRC 146 billion (approximately USD 250 million) Televisora de Costa Rica, the former owner, will maintain the remaining 20% interest. The deal had been [...]

Sutel approves acquisition of Cabletica by Liberty

Costa Rica’s Telecommunications Superintendency (Sutel) has approved the acquisition of Cabletica by Liberty Latin America, announced in February, for CRC 143 billion (approximately USD 250 million). Now, Liberty and Televisora de Costa Rica, the current owner of the operator, must comply with the agreed conditions to conclude the deal, reported local newspaper El Financiero. The [...]

Chile’s VTR plays a central role in Liberty’s new structure

After Liberty Global’s restructuring process, Chilean pay TV operator VTR now plays a central role since it will be in charge of managing the new acquisitions of Liberty Latin America in the region, from Chile to Central America, with the exception of Panama, explained VTR CEO Guillermo Ponce in an interview with La Tercera. Earlier [...]

Liberty Latin America to acquire 80% of Cabletica

Liberty Latin America announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire 80% of Costa Rican cable operator, Cabletica. In the transaction, Cabletica is being valued at an enterprise value of CRC 143 billion (approximately USD 250 million). The current owners of Cabletica – Televisora de Costa Rica – will retain the remaining [...]

Crackle expands in Costa Rica with Cabletica

Sonys SVOD Crackle announced that is now available on Cabletica platform. Customers of the Costa Rican operator can subscribe for USD 3.5 per month. This way, customers gain access to Crackle’s library, which includes titles such as “Absentia”, the original series that premieres this month, and other productions such as “Preacher”, “Snatch: The Series” , [...]

Cabletica from Costa Rica launched its VOD platform

  Telecommunications company Cabletica from Costa Rica launched its own Video On Demand (VOD) platform Cabletica Play (cableticaplay.com) with differential access according to the channel package hired for Pay-TV customers at no additional cost.   At the moment, Cabletica Play has the VOD content of platforms Fox Play, Fox+ Play, ESPN Play, TNT Go, Cartoon [...]

Claro ya es el tercer mayor operador de TV paga en Costa RicaClaro is already the third pay-TV provider in Costa Rica

De acuerdo al último informe de la Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (Sutel) de Costa Rica, Claro (América Móvil) superó los 115 mil suscriptores en su servicio de TV paga al término de 2014. Así, se convirtió en poco más de dos años en el tercer mayor operador de ese país al alcanzar un market share de [...]

La TV paga de Costa Rica no exhibirá más NBCPay-TV of Costa Rica will not broadcast NBC any longer

El canal estadounidense NBC decidió no emitir su señal del mismo nombre para la TV paga en Costa Rica por lo cual solicitó que dejen de exhibirla a partir de octubre. Lo informaron los operadores Tigo, Cabletica, Telecable, Cablevisión y Claro TV en un comunicado conjunto. “Ellos tienen la potestad contractual de hacerlo de manera [...]