Sky wants to study its subscribers' interest in on line contentSky quiere conocer el interés de sus abonados por contenidos on line

According to what Telaviva site informed, Sky Brazil sent a survey to its subscribers with the purpose of analyzing their interest in receiving online content through PCs, ceel phones, IP hybrid TV sets, video game consoles or tablets. Among the questions included in such poll, the DTH operator asked its subscribers whether they are willing to pay between USD 2,90 and USD 4 to see Sky’s content on the Internet.

The survey included questions on subscribers’ habits. Users were asked whether they are used to both watching online material and paying for such service. Therefore, Sky aligns to an already existing trend which offers content through different platforms connected to Internet.

The operator has recently launched an application for iPhone and iPad that provides users with access to channels and most popular programs, in addition to trailers and movie synopsis, among other functions. Sky Brazil is the main DTH in such country. As of 3Q2010 closing, the company recorded 2,3 million subscribers. DirecTV owns the 93% and Globo Group owns the remaining 7% of the company.

Sky Brasil envió una encuesta a sus abonados para analizar el interés que tienen en recibir contenidos online, a través de PCs, celulares, televisores híbridos IP, consolas de videojuegos o tablets, según informó el sitio Telaviva. Entre las preguntas, el operador DTH consultó a sus suscriptores si están dispuestos a pagar entre USD 2,90 y USD 4 para visualizar contenidos de Sky por Internet. 

La encuesta incluyó preguntas sobre los hábitos de los abonados. Se les consultó por ejemplo si suelen ver material online y si acostumbran a pagar -o no- por ello. De esta manera, Sky se alinea con una tendencia ya existente en el mercado, que consiste en ofrecer contenidos en diversas plataformas conectadas a Internet.

Recientemente, el operador lanzó una aplicación para iPhone y iPad que permite ingresar a la grilla de canales y ver destacados de la programación, además de trailers y sinopsis de películas, entre otras funciones. Sky Brasil es el principal DTH de ese país. Al cierre del tercer trimestre de 2010 tenía 2,3 millones de abonados. Es propiedad de DirecTV (93%) y el Grupo Globo (7%).