Mediapro, Turner sign deal for Chile national team TV rights

Turner Chile and Spanish company Mediapro have signed a deal to administer the television and commercial rights of the Chile national soccer team, from 2018 until 2022.

This partnership was recently made official when Jorge Carey, CEO of Turner Chile, and Tatxo Benet, managing partner of Mediapro group, signed the agreement at a meeting held at the studios of Chilevision, Turner’s FTA TV channel in the country, La Tercera reported.

The agreement includes the national and international marketing rights of the Chile national team. Chilevisión will broadcast all the team matches and the qualifiers for the Qatar World Cup in 2022.

Mediapro agreed to pay USD 120 million for the TV rights, a figure higher than the USD 106 million paid by broadcaster Mega for Russia 2018.According to La Tercera, 80% of that amount (USD 96 million) will be provided by the Spanish group, while the remaining 20% (USD 24 million) will be provided by the local channel.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInEmail this to someonePrint this page